Saturday, July 8, 2017

Back drama


We spent Canada Day in Edmonton watching Lincoln and Miranda play basketball. I don’t know if it was the all the driving (Calgary to Cardston to Calgary to Edmonton) or the 3 days of sitting on hard bleachers watching endless games of basketball, or a combination of the two, but my back was killing me. It wasn’t muscular; I couldn’t massage it better. I couldn’t bend over or sit down. And I didn’t want to take anything for the pain since Miranda was treating a rolled ankle with tape and motrin and Lincoln took a knee to the thigh and was treating it with all the pain meds he could swallow and I didn’t want to run out. I got home and made an immediate appointment with my doctor. His advice? Take some Tylenol and Motrin. Turns out he hiked the WCT a few years ago. He advised me to pack lots of Tylenol and Motrin. Yeah, like 1/3 of my body weight. Who needs food? I’ll be consuming my daily calories in pain meds.
Less than helpful to say the least.
My sister advised me to go to a chiropractor. I had a chiropractor way back in 2005. I made the appointment and asked if he remembered me. Nope. I told him I was the girl who was missing her gluteus Maximus and Medius. The light turned on. He remembered me! “How are the hips?”, he asked. Lol. “The hips are the same as ever, it’s the back that’s brought me in.”
He looked at my back, pointed to a spot and said, “Right there.” You got it Pontiac.
Then the words that made me want to hug him. “I can fix that.”
And he did. Chiro 101 he said.
I walked out pain free.
Looks like I won’t have to pack 1/3 of my body weight in pain meds.

Yayyy me!

And thank you for chiropractors!

No comments:

Post a Comment