We ditched our packs at the top of 3 long ladders and climbed down to see the beautiful Tsusiat Falls. We had originally planned to camp there but with our new and improved schedule we could only stop for a picture. And apparently a swim. The temptation was too great for some of our group as they stripped down to their skivvies and swam in the falls.
This outhouse was the Loo with a View. I took this shot from the throne at the top of a 25 foot ladder. Didn't even close the door.
Our destination for today was to get to Tsuquandra Point at km 30. There was no camping here as it was on the Dididat Nations Reserve. They have some "comfort camping" sites there (tents on platforms with double bunks.) We booked 2 cabins and stayed the night on cots in mouse infested cabins. The mice were everywhere. It was nice to not have to set up the tents though. It was very cool at night and we lit a fire in the stove in our tent.
There were some caves down on the beach that I explored at dusk.
This is one of my favourite shots.
The vegetation was so dense you could only walk where there was boardwalk built.
Feet still hurting. When I trip on a root or kick a rock, shooting, explosive pains rip through my foot. I am going to take some Tylenol to see if that helps.






No comments:
Post a Comment